Our Women’s Guild held its monthly meeting Feb. 8, 2016.
Eight women (Betty, Karen, Christal, Pat, Jan,Rhoda, Susan, and Darla) attended.
Rhoda Grebe opened with a prayer.
Old business discussed:
- The clothing drive has started. We will meet at the church on Monday, Feb. 29th at 5 PM to sort the clothing and decide how many families to invite to our “Come and Clothe Yourselves in Love” event scheduled for Saturday, Mar. 19. Invitations will then be sent to the school. We are collecting brown grocery bags. The bags will be used for families to carry home the clothes. Each bag will have an information sheet about risen Savior attached. Pat Brothers is going to submit an application to Thrivent for a grant of $250 to support this project.
- Betty G. did some research about future speakers. She was not able to find anything about a speaker regarding women’s breast health. It was suggested she contact Lori Sudbury to see if she or her husband can suggest someone to ask. Betty reported that she sent an email to Selah Freedom requesting information on getting a speaker for human trafficking awareness. Seals Freedom is an organization that provides housing and outreach to young women who have escaped from human trafficking in Manatee County and the Tampa Bay area.
- A form requesting volunteers for cleaning, greeting, snacks, and altar care was approved and will be distributed at church Sunday the 14th of Feb.
- Easter lilies will be ordered from the Kiwanis again this year. A sign up sheet is on the bulletin board with a cutoff date of Mar. 13th.
- We are running out of regular coffee made for snack time, so we will begin using the bigger coffee pot. Directions for preparing 24 cups of regular and 12 cups of decaf will be posted on the refrigerator.
- There will be a pot luck breakfast set up for Easter morning before the service. Karen and Jan will organize this. Volunteers will be asked to help to decorate, set up and clean up.
The March meeting is scheduled for Mar. 17th at 6:30 here at church.
Rhoda closed with a prayer of thanks and scripture.
Some of the ladies stayed after the business portion to put together ribbon placeholders for the hymnals that did not have any and to replace those whose ribbons had frayed. Rhoda and Darla took materials home to complete.